Blocked Drain Services
Durban, South Africa - AJ’s ER Plumbers, a recommended plumbing company in Durban, South Africa, specializes in blocked drain services and hydro jetting services. The marketing manager, JP Roux, says that they are dedicated to providing top-notch services to customers.
Blocked drains are a common problem that every homeowner or renter has had to deal with. Whether it's a blocked shower drain, a clogged sink, or a sewage blockage, these issues can be a real pain. But, AJ’s ER Plumbers is here to help with 10 tips and tricks to get your pipes flowing smoothly once again.
"We understand that blocked drains can be a real hassle for homeowners and renters," said JP Roux, marketing manager of AJ’s ER Plumbers. "That's why we want to provide our customers with the knowledge and tools they need to unblock their own drains. But, if the problem persists, we are always here to help."
AJ’s ER Plumbers use a variety of tools and techniques to unblock drains, including plungers, drain snakes, and hydro jets. The most common cause of blocked drains is a buildup of grease, hair, and other debris in the pipes. If left unchecked, a blocked drain can lead to unpleasant odors, slow drainage, and even water damage to a home.
Blocked Drain FAQs
Before diving into the 10 tips, AJ’s ER Plumbers would like to answer some common questions about blocked drains:
- What do plumbers use to unblock drains? Plumbers have a variety of tools and techniques at their disposal to unblock drains. Some common methods include using a plunger, a drain snake, or a hydro jet to break up and flush away blockages.
- What is the most common cause of blocked drains? The most common cause of blocked drains is a buildup of grease, hair, and other debris in the pipes. This can happen over time as we wash our hair, do dishes, and so on.
- What happens if you leave a blocked drain? If you leave a blocked drain for too long, it can lead to unpleasant odors, slow drainage, and even water damage to your home. If left unchecked, a blocked drain can also lead to sewage backups, which can be a major health hazard.
- What causes a blocked shower drain? A blocked shower drain is usually caused by a buildup of hair and soap scum in the pipes. This can happen if you have long hair, or if you don't regularly clean the shower drain.
- Can I pour boiling water down the shower drain? You can pour boiling water down the shower drain, but it's not always the best solution. Boiling water can help to break up some blockages, but it may not be hot enough to melt all the grease and debris in the pipes.
- Can a plumber unblock drains? Of course, a plumber can unblock drains! In fact, it's one of the most common services that plumbers offer. If you're dealing with a badly blocked drain, it's best to call in a professional to take care of the problem.
10 Tips For Unblocking Blocked Drains
And now, without further ado, here are AJ’s ER Plumbers' 10 tips for unblocking badly blocked drains:
- Use a plunger: A plunger can be a powerful tool for breaking up blockages and restoring flow to your pipes. Just make sure to cover the overflow hole with a wet cloth to create a tight seal.
- Use a drain snake: A drain snake is a long, flexible tool that can be used to break up and remove blockages in your pipes. Just be careful not to push the blockage deeper into the pipes.
- Use baking soda and vinegar: Baking soda and vinegar can be a powerful combination for breaking up blockages in your pipes. Just pour a cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by a cup of vinegar. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes, then flush the drain with hot water.
- Use boiling water: Boiling water can help to break up blockages and flush them out of your pipes. Just be careful not to pour boiling water down the drain if you have PVC pipes, as it can melt them.
- Use lemon juice and salt: Lemon juice and salt can be a natural solution for breaking up blockages in your pipes. Just mix a cup of salt with a cup of lemon juice, and pour the mixture down the drain. Let it sit for a few minutes, then flush the drain with hot water.
- Use a coat hanger: A coat hanger can be a handy tool for breaking up blockages in your pipes. Just straighten out the hanger and use the hook to pull out any debris that may be blocking the drain.
- Use a plumbing auger: A plumbing auger, also known as a drain snake, is a long, flexible tool that can be used to break up and remove blockages in your pipes. It's a bit more heavy-duty than a regular coat hanger, but it can be very effective.
- Use a chemical drain cleaner: Chemical drain cleaners can be effective at breaking up blockages in your pipes, but they can also be harmful to your pipes and the environment. Use them with caution and make sure to follow the instructions on the label.
- Clear the P-trap: The P-trap is the curved pipe under your sink that prevents sewer gas from entering your home. It can become clogged with debris, so it's a good idea to clear it out every so often.
- Call in a professional: If you've tried all of the above methods and your drain is still blocked, it's time to call in a professional plumber. They have the tools and expertise to tackle even the most stubborn blockages.
At AJ’s ER Plumbers, the company's team of professionals is dedicated to providing top-notch services to customers. The company advises customers to take preventative measures, such as regularly cleaning their shower drain and being mindful of what goes down the drain. But if the problem persists, AJ’s ER Plumbers' team of professionals is equipped to handle even the most stubborn blockages.
"At AJ’s ER Plumbers, we pride ourselves on providing top-notch services to our customers," said Roux. "We want to make sure that our customers are satisfied with the work we do and that their drains are flowing smoothly. We're always here to help, so don't hesitate to give us a call."
If you're dealing with a blocked drain in Durban, South Africa, look no further than AJ’s ER Plumbers.
The company's team of professionals is dedicated to providing top-notch services to customers, so don't let a blocked drain ruin your day – give AJ’s ER Plumbers a call and let them take care of the blocked drain problem for you.